Aviation Ancienne
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerRéservé aux membresRéservé aux membresSite AARéservé aux membresRéservé aux membresConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Rockthesky
Engagé
Engagé
Rockthesky

60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  Empty
MessageSujet: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyDim 4 Sep 2022 - 1:50

Hello from the USA :)

I have found and refinished this propeller blade. Does anyone know what it may have come off of? It’s 60 inches tall without adapter. Looking for any information you may have. Many thanks! RT60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  21cd7d10
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  D1b38b10
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  48092410
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Rockthesky
Engagé
Engagé
Rockthesky

MessageSujet: Additional Photos    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyDim 4 Sep 2022 - 1:56

60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  F517b010
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  189a7e10
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  2611f710
Shadoko
Adjudant-chef
Adjudant-chef
Shadoko

MessageSujet: Re: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyMar 6 Sep 2022 - 23:37

Hi,

This is a Chauvière blade: The "logo" between 528 (prop number) and S1444 (serial number) is the Chauvière one. Except for the thread, which is the same as Ratier props, I don't think there is anything from Ratier in this blade.

A blade with exactly the same prop and serial numbers was posted in 2009 on an American aero forum but the thread seems no more alive.

I have no Chauvière archives and I think they don't exist anymore. This kind of pitch variation mechanism was in use by Chauvière from 1939 on 3-bladed props and I don't think that the serial number could be used to date the blade because Chauvière has always use serial numbers in relation with prop characteristics and not time of making.

The only way to find for which aircraft this serial 1444 was made is to find an aircraft "notice" where this very number is written: wish you a good luck!

PM
Rockthesky
Engagé
Engagé
Rockthesky

MessageSujet: Re: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyMer 7 Sep 2022 - 17:12

Yes this is the same propeller blade that was referred to in the aero forum in 2009. i have spoken with many people and they all believe this is a Ratier 1635 propeller blade made by Chauviere for Ratier during times of WWII. The 14 thread screw and adapter both match this ratier 1635 propeller as well as the dimensions. the 1635 propeller was used on the ME 323 Gigant, the Leo 45 and the Amiot 351 / 354 shown in photos. Many thanks for your help. let me know your thoughts. 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  Amiot_10
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  Ratier10
60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  Ratier11
Shadoko
Adjudant-chef
Adjudant-chef
Shadoko

MessageSujet: Re: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyLun 14 Nov 2022 - 14:55

Hi,

Sorry for this (very!) late answer: I did not see your post... And yes, you are right, this is a Ratier blade made by Chauvière. It is the first time I see such a blade and I don't understand why Chauvière doesn't use the Ratier serial number.
Chauvière and Ratier did have license agreements in the fourties and I think this blade could have been made in the Geneva Chauvière plant.

Regards,
PM

Rockthesky aime ce message

Rockthesky
Engagé
Engagé
Rockthesky

MessageSujet: Re: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  EmptyLun 14 Nov 2022 - 17:38

PM

Thank you so much!! Made my day to see your reply :)

Thank you for confirming this information.

Have a wonderful week!

RT
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller    60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller  Empty

60” Chauviere Ratier Metal Airplane Propeller
Page 1 sur 1